Birdon is a diversified global group of companies providing whole of life solutions to the maritime, military & resource sectors with its head office based in Port Macquarie. Birdon has demonstrated experience in ship repair, ship design & building, dredging, maritime disposals and shipping, and our customers include Defence and Commercial.
We deliver value for our customers through our innovative people, organisational agility, and operational excellence. The business has experienced significant growth over the last decade and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assets Manager, with people and Project Management experience.
This position reports to the General Manager Digital & Engineering and is responsible to ensure the productivity and availability of all Birdon Group fixed, mobile and maritime assets, servicing a variety of projects across multiple sites.
In addition to management of existing Assets, this role considers the Project Management of planned Site upgrades to the Port Macquarie shipyard in 2022.
The Group Assets Manager responsibilities include:
- Identification and implementation of an organisational-wide Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Project Management, planning and execution of Site upgrades to the Port Macquarie shipyard in 2022.
- Further development of Asset management system maturity to meet project needs and future opportunities.
- Oversee the maintenance of all equipment to ensure the availability of assets for operational requirements.
- Provide advice on the acquisition of new equipment, working with divisional managers and the procurement team to ensure future needs of the business are met.
- Development of annual maintenance schedules and budgets.
- Monitor utilisation and operating costs to ensure the productivity of equipment is maintained.
- Undertake required reporting and compliance tasks, including inspection records and regular internal audits of daily inspections, break-down or hazard reports.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 7-10 Years Marine or Heavy Engineering Experience; OR 5 years Project Management experience in construction, Asset Management, oil and gas or equivalent industry.
- Metal Trades or Engineering Qualification, highly desirable.
- Experience working within Asset Maintenance Management, In Service Support, or Service Centre Management.
- Knowledge of procedures and computerised maintenance planning systems.
- A working understanding of Commercial and Defence Marine Service Industry, as well as maintenance, service and Class compliance practices, is highly advantageous.
- Experience selecting and implementing computerised maintenance management system (CMMS), is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working with safety management systems and as a safety leader.
- Outstanding communication, leadership and people management skills.
- Service-oriented team player with a “make it happen safely” attitude.
This is a permanent full-time position with an immediate start. Click “Apply Now” or email firstname.lastname@example.org