Birdon is driven by a commitment to our customers, delivering consistent quality and value, and minimizing risk.
Birdon is an experienced U.S. Government defense prime contractor specializing in the design, production, upgrade, and support of innovative marine vessels and disposals. The company’s breadth of experience, highly-skilled people, proven processes, and industry-leading tools are developed well beyond those which would normally be expected from a small business.
Birdon executes all projects with our customers’ requirements and success-factors foremost. We utilize an integrated governance and management system, as well as our Advanced Manufacturing Shipbuilding Methodology (AMSM). This all operates under the umbrella of our certified AS9100D and ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System (QMS). Birdon’s QMS is applied across all associated systems, programs, products, and facilities.
AS9100D underpins Birdon’s overall operational framework that flows down across the program organization, including to subcontractors. All Birdon’s subcontractors and suppliers are required to complete a Supplier Qualification System Survey FRM013 and provide ISO9001/AS9100D certification wherever applicable.
Birdon’s certification to AS9100D sets it apart from most marine oriented businesses in the United States.
AS9100D includes ISO9001:2015, but adds additional requirements that have been developed to meet NASA, DOD, and FAA quality needs. The most significant additions are in the areas of Production Control, Planning and Product Realization, Design and Development, Purchasing and Purchased Product, and Non-Conforming Processes.
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, Birdon has implemented a product lifestyle management (PLM) system called Siemens Teamcenter. Teamcenter is a cradle to grave centralized product development and maintenance support management system that controls all of the elements critical to the manufacturing process including engineering, production, quality, purchasing, program management, and logistics support. This is another element of our success that sets us apart in the marine industry.
Birdon’s proven approach and track record of delivery spans across marine, commercial and defense contracts globally.
Birdon US works seamlessly within the global capability that the Birdon Group offers. Ownership and leadership throughout the global group are actively involved to allow for rapid issue escalation and resolution, and ensures key personnel are used between each organization to add expertise as needed, when allowable within applicable laws.
Our intrinsic U.S. capability, combined with Birdon’s global strength, offers a depth of experience across:
- Managing complex U.S. Government projects and programs
- Controlling effective, high-quality development and serial production
- Managing Birdon-owned and sub-contracted production sites and sub-contractors effectively
- Through-life product management; upgrades and other repair work
Our delivery history confirms that Birdon is a low-risk Prime Contractor who delivers. We have experience:
- Executing programs similar in scale and complexity to large businesses
- Designing, producing, and supporting high-quality and high-performing vessels on time
- Working within Federal rules and regulations
- Managing multiple subcontractors including subcontracted design (supported by our own internal design capability) and multiple production sites
- Flowing down established processes and tools across an integrated team to maintain alignment across all team members